SwansAid winners announced
The second round of SwansAid winners for the 2016/17 season have now been decided on over £14,000, as well as sports kits, being donated by the Community Trust to organisations across South West Wales.
Applying for funding through the Club’s grant-giving pot – SwansAid – the following sporting clubs and organisations will now be presented with the funds in the coming weeks:
Up to £10,000 category:
• The Play and Leisure Opportunity Library - £10,000 for equipment to support positive skill acquisition in children with disabilities. This will help to regulate their sensory system so as to achieve functional movement and empower the children to participate in more.
Up to £2,000 category:
• Bonymaen Kids Play Initiative – £475 to fund sport and activity equipment for year round after school clubs, their Saturday Club and three week Summer Playscheme.
• 215 City of Swansea Squadron Royal Air Force Air Cadets - £2,000 for the purchase of cycle trainers to support up to 80 cadets, some of whom will be completing the Duke of Edinburgh award.
• Penlan RFC – £1999.29 to support the club’s growth and purchase new equipment that is needed.
Following the announcement, the Community Trust’s Assistant Head of Community, Helen Elton, said; “The Trust is delighted to announce that another group of organisations have been awarded SwansAid funding. These grants will be put towards a variety of uses including purchasing new equipment.”
Additionally the following sports clubs have been awarded SwansAid kits to compete in for next season:
• Dafen Welfare
• Gowerton Primary PTA
• Goytre United U14s
• Hundleton Junior Football Club
• Llangwm Juniors AFC
• Pontarddulais Football Juniors
• Port Tennant Colts Juniors
• Pwll Juniors
• Wellfield Athletic AFC
• Ynystawe Juniors
Now in its fourth year, SwansAid has distributed over £130,000 to a variety of charities and community organisations across South West Wales to help them support young people, children and those with disabilities and develop opportunities for them to participate in sport.
For more information about SwansAid, please contact Helen Elton at Helen@scfccommunitytrust.co.uk